“With her enormous patience, kindness and calmness she guided me through the training”
Every volunteer is invited to attend a hospice orientation session to increase their personal knowledge about the Hospice. The session will cover:
• An introduction to the care we provide
• How we are funded
• What being a volunteer for the Douglas Macmillan Hospice is about
• Behind the Scenes at the Hospice
• Your health, safety and well being
Patient Focussed Training Programme
All In-Patient Unit Care Volunteers, Supported Lodges Care Volunteers and Community Care Volunteers are required to complete the 4 session training programme and on the job training. All volunteers whose roles interact with patients are invited to attend sessions 2 – 4 to increase their own personal knowledge. The sessions are:
1. What is Palliative and End of Life Care
3. Loss, Grief and Bereavement
4. Understanding MDT roles
The programme is run throughout the year. Please contact voluntary services to discuss the training requirements further.
Further training and education sessions will be advertised when confirmed.